Lyme Disease TestFr69
At home Lyme disease check to identify borrelia (BORR) bacteria in the blood with results available within 5 days.
- Borrelia Antibodies Immunoglobulin M (IgM)
- Borrelia Antibodies IgG
Collection method: Finger prickLearn how it works
15% off everything. Use code AUGUST15 at cart.
Erythema migrans is a rash that develops from the point of being bitten. It resembles a bullseye, with redness at the point of being bitten, a clear ring and further redness spreading outwards.
Symptoms of Lyme Disease may include:
- Rash/Itch: a rash known as erythema migrans may appear at the point where you were bitten between 3 and 30 days of exposure to a deer tick
- Flu-like symptoms: a headache, fever, chills, and fatigue
- Erythema migrans: occurs when the rash develops across the body. If you are experiencing this rash, you should contact your healthcare provider immediately for assistance.
- Neurological numbing: Bell's palsy, meningitis, and impaired muscle movement may occur due to the swelling of brain tissue in the later stages of Lyme disease.
The Lyme Disease test examines the blood for Borrelia (BORR), the presence of which would indicate whether you have contracted Lyme disease.
You should take the test if:
- you are presenting with symptoms of Lyme disease in the days following being bitten or having the tick removed
- you live in a place that is rich in vegetation or woodland
- you live in Northern America or Northern Europe
- you go camping or hiking on a regular basis, particularly during the Summer or Autumn
- you come into contact with larger woodland animals on a regular basis
The test must be taken fasted, before 9 a.m and returned on the same day.
Borrelia Antibodies Immunoglobulin M (IgM)
Immunoglobulin M (IgM) is an antibody that is found mainly in the blood and lymph fluids. It is the first antibody that is produced in the body following an infection. A high concentration of IgM in the blood indicates that you have recently contracted Lyme disease.
Borrelia Antibodies IgG
Immunoglobulin G is the most abundant antibody found in the body. It attacks bacterial and viral infections when they enter the body. A high concentration of IgG and low concentration of IgM indicates that you have been infected with Lyme disease for a period of time.
How to collect your sample
Watch our instructional video to see how easy it is to collect your sample.
How it works
Collect Your Sample
Activate your test and collect your sample in the morning. Return your sample on the same day, using the prepaid shipping label provided.
Review Accurate Results
Once your sample arrives in the laboratory, confidential results will be available from your secure online account within 2 to 5 days.
Get Medical Support
Our dedicated team of doctors and nurses are available 24/7 and will call you to explain your results.
Still have questions?
Here are some questions we usually get about LetsGetChecked. If you would like yours answered, please contact us.
Activating the test connects you to the unique alphanumeric barcode within your LetsGetChecked test kit. The laboratory cannot process your sample if the test kit is not activated and linked to you.
LetsGetChecked has a team of doctors who will review your order and results. Our nursing team is on standby throughout the testing process and, if you test positive, you will receive a call to discuss your results and treatment options.
Please ensure that the sample is collected before 9am and returned immediately using the carrier method provided within the test kit. Each test includes a prepaid shipping envelope to return your samples to the laboratory.
Please do not collect or return samples on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
Keeping your data secure is important to us. All data is complete anonymized to ensure that your privacy is maintained throughout the process. We will not share your information with any third party.All samples are disposed of following analysis.
Your samples are processed in the same labs used by primary care providers, hospitals and government schemes.
LetsGetChecked laboratories are CPA approved and ISO accredited which are the highest levels of accreditation.
Tests kits are manufactured within our ISO 13485 accredited facility, the highest level of accreditation for medical devices.