Associated with physical endurance, muscle mass, high sex drive and promoting better moods, testosterone is the primary male sex hormone.
When testosterone levels become too high or begin to dip, your day to day life may be affected which is why it's so important to keep an eye on your levels - thankfully, this can be done from the comfort of your own home.
How do you check testosterone levels from home?
Whether you simply want to know more about your current hormonal health or want to identify low testosterone levels to take action and improve performance, the best and most reliable way to check testosterone levels from home is with an at-home testosterone lab test.
LetsGetChecked’s at-home Testosterone Test measures your blood testosterone levels with a small finger prick sample. Your results will be available within 5 days to your online account, and our dedicated nurses will be on hand to answer any questions you may have regarding your results.
When you should check testosterone levels
It’s recommended that you check your testosterone levels if:
- You are undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- You suffer from Klinefelter syndrome
- You suffer from type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- You suffer from hemochromatosis
- You have a pituitary gland disorder
- You are obese
- You suffer from chronic stress
- You take anabolic steroids
- You have a family history of low testosterone
- You suffer from thyroid issues
- You have kidney or liver disease
- You have anorexia nervosa
- You suspect you have a hormonal imbalance
Indicators of hormonal imbalance
Hormonal imbalances and reduced testosterone are becoming commonplace as leading concerns in modern male health.
Some common indicators of hormonal imbalance include:
- Low energy or fatigue
- Erectile dysfunction
- Low sex drive or libido
- Anxiety, depression or brain fog
- Enlarged breast tissue
The most reliable way to check testosterone levels from home is with an at-home testosterone test.
LetsGetChecked’s Testosterone Test offers a complete insight into your testosterone levels by measuring the amount of testosterone in your blood. Once your sample arrives in the laboratory, confidential results will be available from your secure online account within 2 to 5 days.