Associated with physical endurance, muscle mass, and high sex drive, testosterone is the primary male sex hormone that, as you can tell, plays a pretty crucial role in keeping your body functioning as it should. And although levels of testosterone naturally shift with age, they can also fluctuate for a number of other reasons from injury to certain medications.
With the considerable amount of roles of testosterone in mind, it’s no wonder that when levels begin to shift, it can affect your day to day life - which is why it’s crucial to keep an eye on your testosterone and other male hormone levels. Your doctor can typically check your testosterone levels with a blood test but if you would prefer to check from home, it can be done with LetsGetChecked’s at-home Testosterone lab test.
Can you test your testosterone levels from home?
Testosterone levels naturally fall with age however if age isn’t a factor and you’re experiencing a reduced sex drive, loss of muscle mass or you’re feeling tired pretty much all of the time - one possible cause may be low testosterone levels. One of the most reliable ways to know more is with a testosterone test.
The most common form of testosterone test is a blood test which can measure the amount of testosterone in your blood. If you would like to check your levels from home, you can do so with an at-home Testosterone Test.
LetsGetChecked’s at-home Testosterone Test is a simple blood test that tests the levels of the steroid hormone testosterone in the blood. The test will arrive in discreet packaging with a return envelope and clear instructions inside. Online test results will be available within 2-5 days and our dedicated clinical team will be on hand throughout the process to answer any questions you may have. If you would like more detail about the sampling process, find out more here.
When should you check testosterone levels?
In the majority of men, testosterone levels begin to naturally decline from the age of 40 - this decline tends to be pretty gradual at around 1% per year. For those deficient in the hormone, testosterone replacement therapy may be considered.
In saying that, if you suspect you may have a hormonal imbalance or would simply like to know more about your testosterone levels, you can get an idea of your hormonal health with a testosterone test.
The most reliable way to check testosterone levels from home is with an at-home Testosterone Test. The process is simple:
- The test is shipped directly to you by next day delivery
- Activate your test and answer a few health-related questions
- Your health record will be reviewed by a medical team member and should you need any support services, they will be provided
- Collect your sample at a time that suits you
- Send your sample back to our laboratory using the pre-paid shipping label provided
- Your sample will be processed in an anonymous and timely manner
- Your results will be reviewed by our team of doctors. A member of our nursing team will contact you to deliver your results, discuss any next steps and offer prescriptions in some cases
LetsGetChecked’s Testosterone Test offers a complete insight into your testosterone levels by measuring the amount of testosterone in your blood. Once your sample arrives in our certified laboratory, confidential results will be available from your secure online account within 2 to 5 days.
It’s recommended that you check your testosterone levels if:
- You are undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- You suffer from Klinefelter syndrome
- You suffer from type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- You suffer from hemochromatosis
- You have a pituitary gland disorder
- You are obese
- You suffer from chronic stress
- You take anabolic steroids
- You have a family history of low testosterone
- You suffer from thyroid issues
- You have kidney or liver disease
- You have anorexia nervosa
- You suspect you have a hormonal imbalance