As one of the primary sex hormones in women, estrogen plays a vital role in many aspects of female health. It’s main responsibilities include controlling the menstrual cycle and supporting pregnancy.
From menopause to childbearing, many factors can affect your estrogen levels. With that said, just like every other aspect of your health, checking your hormonal health should be a regular occurrence!
How do you check estrogen levels from home?
Whether you don’t have time to visit your doctor or you’d prefer to check your hormonal health from the comfort of your own home; the best and most reliable way to check estrogen levels at home is with an at-home lab test.
LetsGetChecked’s Female Hormone Test requires a simple finger prick sample and provides a broad picture of your hormonal health, with online results in 5 days.
When you should check your estrogen levels
It’s recommended that you check your hormone levels if:
- You’re looking to start a family
- You’re thinking about pregnancy down the line
- You’re interested in knowing more about your hormone levels
- You’re experiencing symptoms of hormonal imbalance
Indicators of hormonal imbalance
Hormonal imbalance can occur for a number of reasons. Some of the most common causes include age, chronic stress, weight, cancer treatment or use of certain medications.
Some common indicators of hormonal imbalance include:
- Irregular periods, heavier or lighter periods, or a total cessation of periods
- Weight gain or difficulty losing weight
- Feeling tired all of the time
- Mood changes
- Vaginal dryness
- Pain during sex
- Acne on the face, back or chest
- Hair growth on the face, chin and breasts
The most reliable way to check estrogen levels from home is with an at-home hormone test - this is because it’s processed by a highly accredited network of laboratories.
LetsGetChecked’s Female Hormone Test offers comprehensive insight into your hormones, with online results in 5 days and a follow-up with one of our dedicated nurses to discuss your results - all from the comfort of your own home!