TV shows, Hollywood movies, and your high school sex-ed teacher might have given the impression that getting pregnant is a pretty simple process and on paper, it may seem that way. However, according to the Office of Women’s Health, about 10 percent of women in the United States alone experience some difficulties when it comes to getting pregnant.
Whether you’re currently looking to start a family or you’re thinking about pregnancy in the future; understanding your fertility status is an important part of your journey and one of the best ways to find out about your fertility status is through a blood fertility test. This can be done from home with LetsGetChecked’s range of at-home Fertility Tests.
How can I check my fertility from home?
For pregnancy to occur, there are a number of complex steps that need to happen - from the releasing of the ovaries to the implantation of the fertilized egg. And, there are a number of factors that can affect this process; diet, smoking, and alcohol just some of the lifestyle factors that can impact a woman’s fertility status. If you want to get more of an idea of your current fertility, one of the most reliable ways is fertility testing.
A doctor will typically carry out a number of different tests when it comes to checking your fertility - they may check your weight and may do other physical tests to check in on your general health. On top of this, they will sometimes carry out a blood test to check ovulation as well as your overall hormonal health. If you would prefer to do this blood test from home with a home fertility test, it can be done with LetsGetChecked’s home Fertility Test.
LetsGetChecked’s range of home Fertility Tests provides a broad picture of a woman’s hormonal health.
- Ovarian Reserve Test can give an idea of how many eggs you have
- Progesterone Test can check if ovulation has occurred
- Female Hormone Test checks for Follicle Stimulating Hormone, Luteinizing Hormone, Prolactin and, Oestradiol and gives a comprehensive picture of your fertility status and hormonal health
The home fertility test will arrive in discreet packaging with a return envelope and clear instructions inside. Online test results will be available within 2-5 days and our dedicated clinical team will be available throughout the process for support and guidance and will be available to speak with you about your results. If you would like more detail about the sampling process, find out more here.
When should you check your fertility?
If you’re trying to conceive, thinking about pregnancy down the line, or are interested in knowing more about your hormone levels, you should consider taking a female fertility test.
If you suspect that a hormonal balance may be affecting your fertility, it’s important to find out more. Some of the most common causes of hormonal imbalance include age, chronic stress, weight, cancer treatment or the use of certain medications.
Common symptoms or signs of hormonal imbalance include:
- Irregular periods, heavier or lighter periods, or total cessation of periods
- Weight gain or difficulty losing weight
- Feeling tired all of the time
- Mood changes
- Vaginal dryness
- Pain during sex
- Acne on the face, back or chest
- Hair growth on the face, chin and breasts
The sample for our home fertility tests and hormone test must be collected on Day 3 of your menstrual cycle to ensure accurate results. The third day of your menstrual cycle refers to the third day of blood flow during your period.
It is important that no hormonal birth control is being taken when you use the test, as the results of this test may be affected.
The best way to check female fertility from home is with an at-home female fertility test. The process is simple:
- The test is shipped directly to you by next day delivery
- Activate your test and answer a few health-related questions
- Your health record will be reviewed by a medical team member and should you need any support services, they will be provided
- Collect your sample at a time that suits you
- Send your sample back to our CLIA-certified lab using the pre-paid shipping label provided
- Your sample will be processed in an anonymous and timely manner
- Your results will be reviewed by our team of doctors. A member of our nursing team will contact you to deliver your results, discuss any next steps, provide medical advice and offer prescriptions in some cases.
LetsGetChecked’s range of Female Fertility Tests offers a comprehensive insight into your hormones, providing you with a clear idea of your fertility status. Online results will be available to you within 5 days as well as a follow-up with one of our dedicated nurses to discuss your results and the next steps.