Follow a healthy diet, don’t forget to include enough fruit and vegetables in your meals and you should be able to get all the vitamins and minerals you need, right? Unfortunately, that’s not always the case. In fact, vitamin deficiencies are quite common with almost one-third of the U.S population at risk of at least one vitamin deficiency or anemia; this can be a result of excluding certain foods from your diet or having a certain condition that inhibits your body’s ability to absorb or process certain vitamins.
If you would like to monitor your vitamin levels or identify a potential vitamin deficiency, vitamin levels are typically checked with a blood test. These blood tests can check for the amount of the vitamin in your blood and identify any potential deficiencies. This test can be taken from home with an at-home vitamin test kit such as LetsGetChecked’s range of at-home Vitamin Tests.
Is there a home test for vitamin deficiency?
Vitamins and minerals are vital for energy production, blood clotting, boosting the immune system and our overall health and wellbeing. So when vitamin levels are low, it can result in a number of unfavorable signs and symptoms such as fatigue, shortness of breath, muscle weakness, or irregular heartbeats. It’s worth noting that these symptoms may be subtle at first, and will escalate as the deficiency progresses - which is why it’s so important to keep an eye on your levels.
A vitamin deficiency test is typically a blood test and can be carried out by your healthcare provider. This test can check if your vitamin levels are within a healthy range and can potentially rule out any underlying health conditions or explain any symptoms you may be experiencing. If you would prefer to take a test from home, this can be done with an at-home test.
LetsGetChecked’s range of at-home Vitamin Tests can help identify key deficiencies in vitamin B12, vitamin D, or both with online results available within 5 days.
If you can’t make the visit to your local doctor, you can check your vitamin levels from the comfort of your own home with an at-home vitamin deficiency lab test.
LetsGetChecked’s range of at-home Vitamin Deficiency Tests identify key deficiencies in Vitamin B12, Vitamin D or both with online results in just 5 days. Our range of at-home Micronutrient Tests can also provide insights into your diet and identify any deficiencies in other key vitamins and minerals.
The test will arrive in discreet packaging with a return envelope and clear instructions inside. It will involve a simple finger prick sample and should you have any questions, our dedicated clinical team will be available throughout the process to offer a helping hand. If you need further information about the collection method or process, find out more here.
Should you check your vitamin levels?
Vitamins and minerals are essential to keeping our bodies both healthy and functioning. According to Mayo Clinic, there are a number of factors that affects our vitamin levels, and you may be at increased risk if you follow a restricted diet such as a vegan or vegetarian diet, you’re pregnant, you have medical conditions that may interfere with your ability to absorb vitamins, or you take certain prescription medications.
If you have any of the above risk factors, or would simply like to know if you’re getting the right amount of vitamins, it’s recommended that you check in on your levels and take a vitamin deficiency test.
The most reliable way to check your vitamin levels from home is with an at-home vitamin deficiency test. The process is simple:
- The test is shipped directly to you by next day delivery
- Activate your test and answer a few health-related questions
- Your health record will be reviewed by a medical team member and should you need any support services, they will be provided
- Collect your sample at a time that suits you
- Send your sample back to our laboratory using the pre-paid shipping label provided
- Your sample will be processed in an anonymous and timely manner
- Your results will be reviewed by our team of doctors. A member of our nursing team will contact you to deliver your results, discuss any next steps and offer prescriptions in some cases
LetsGetChecked’s range of at-home Vitamin Deficiency Tests identifies vitamin B12 deficiency, vitamin D deficiency, or both - each of which play a vital role in regulating your immune system function. Your blood test sample will be sent to the same laboratories used by doctors and hospitals with online results available in just 5 days. Our dedicated team of nurses will be available for a call to explain your results.
You should check your vitamin levels if:
- You want to improve your overall health
- You’re suffering from chronic fatigue
- You’re following a plant-based diet
- You’re planning on becoming pregnant
- You’re over the age of 50
- You suffer from Crohn's disease
- You suffer from Coeliac disease
- You’re deficient in the intrinsic factor, a glycoprotein which plays an important role in absorbing vitamin B12
- You’re going through the menopause
- You’re at risk of developing osteoporosis